Currently.

by

beautiful, beautiful jade


Buying: any and all greenery. Jade plants form Ikea (above)? Check. Succulents from Lowe's? Check. Fiddle-leaf fig trees from a local nursery? Check. I have to tell you: when it comes to all other plants -literally, all other plants- I have a tremendous black thumb. I can't even keep a simple planter-box herb garden alive for more than a week. I'm serious. But there's something hardy about greens that I can get down with. I guess they can get down with me, too.

Reading: ton of books. Here goes: Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman, Where'd You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot, The Stockholn Octavo by Karen Engelmann, and -of course- the second Amelia Peabody book, The Curse of the Pharoahs. Hot damn, I love me some Amelia Peabody.

Listening: to a lot of podcasts. I haven't been in music mode lately (for completely unknown reasons) so I've been inhaling podcasts by the dozen. Recently, I've been enjoying The Art of SimpleBook Club Shmook ClubElise Gets Crafty, and The Heatley Cliff

(the "Currently" feature is borrowed -with complete reverence!- from Danielle)