Creating a balance.

by

This motherhood thing is hard. Well…I should rephrase. Challenging. Is that better?


Don’t get me wrong. I adore this new job I have found myself cautiously dipping my toes into; it is simultaneously the most rewarding and most infuriating thing I have ever done -or will ever do- in my life.


Be forewarned, though: if you have the same kind of type A, control-freak tendencies that I lean towards, it will be a task in itself to find that proverbial balance.


Balance. What a beautiful, terrifying word.


Really, though. It is such an intense challenge to strike that balance of motherhood and “everything else.” My personality is such that I want to go full throttle into one or the other…sometimes it’s Super Mom, other times it’s “Leave me alone. I want to just read my book!”…Lady.


My son is only fourteen weeks old, though. I shouldn’t be so hard on myself. 


Should I???


I suppose that I am just learning, slowly but surely every single day, what works for my small but beloved family unit. And what doesn’t.


So, as I sit here, typing this first entry while also shaking a lime green terry cloth monster rattle in my screaming son’s face, I take a deep breath and realize that I am doing what I can, with what I have, where I am.


That is enough. Balance will come, just as maturity, experience, and reason come.


Let’s hope it’s soon, though.